Shrimp Farming & Environment Program:
During implementing the relief & rehabilitation program at Shaymnagar upazilla in Satkhira district, we came to know that technical & financial support to the Shrimp farming is the best way for rehabilitation of this area. SIDR & AILA demolished most of the Shrimp culture land (Gher) & virus affected shrimp mixed with fresh shrimp which was the major challenge to save farmer who are engaged in shrimp farming. Considering the problem ALIVE initiate its activity from 2008 with limited capacity to re-built the shrimp farming with focus on social and environmental costs and benefits.
- Group formation among the shrimp farmer & local elite.
- Problem identification & probable remedial measure identification at group discussion as a participatory method.
- Consultation with respective consultant like professor of fisheries Dept. of Dhaka University & Agree University, provide technical assistance to the farmer to overcome the existing problem like detection of virus affected shrimp (Renu), feeding mechanism regarding optimum yield.
- Promotion of hygiene practice to the worker of shrimp farming.
- Adaptation of environment conservation factor during shrimp renu collection & as well as shrimp cultivation.